Kurs: 2 Dan
The Node.js runtime environment is a highly scalable server-side application platform. In this course, you learn how to develop REST APIs with Express, a popular web application framework for Node. You design callback functions to handle asynchronous network events. You also install and manage Node features with npm, the packaging manager for Node modules.
You build, test, and deploy the lab exercises in your own workstation, and on your own IBM Bluemix account.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Install, validate, and test the Node runtime environment on your local workstation
- Install Node packages with npm
- Develop REST API operations with Express
- Develop callback functions to handle asynchronous events
- Perform static code analysis of the application with ESLint
- Run Mocha and Supertest unit tests on Node applications
- Debug Node applications with the Google Chrome browser with Node inspector
- Package Node applications
- Deploy Node applications to IBM Bluemix with the Cloud Foundry command-line utility (CF cli)
- Test Node applications on IBM Bluemix
This course is designed for API developers who want to build REST APIs with the Node.js server runtime environment.
- Familiarity with web application architecture and REST API concepts
Introduction to Node.js
Exercise: Installing, verifying, and developing a Node application
Developing a REST API in Node
Exercise: Developing a REST API with Node.js
Static code analysis and unit testing
Exercise: Static code analysis and unit testing
Debugging and building Node applications
Exercise: Debugging and building Node applications
Deploying and testing Node applications on IBM Bluemix
Exercise: Deploying a REST API on IBM Bluemix